SmarterServices, LLC, the provider of SmarterMeasure, is committed to making certain that the SmarterMeasure instrument is open and accessible to persons with disabilities. As a result the following steps have been taken to meet the Section 508 standards of the United States Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and amendments of 1998, enabling people with disabilities and using assistive technologies , such as screen readers, to fully use SmarterMeasure.
- Contracted with an independent, third party reviewer to assess the ADA compliance of SmarterMeasure and make recommendations for improvement. The reviewer is Sohei Okamoto, University of Reno, Disability Resource Center.
- Inclusion of text equivalents for images.
- Inclusion of a dynamic text resizing tool integrated into the SmarterMeasure interface.
- Inclusion of the ability for schools to modify the colors in their custom user interface.
- Inclusion of alternate or opt-out questions on items requiring auditory skills.
- Inclusion of san-serif fonts throughout the instrument.
- Availability of a black and white version of SmarterMeasure upon request.
- Availability of a human reader upon request.
We are continually improving accessibility by following all recommended guidelines outlined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing any element of this web site, please let us know. Please describe the nature of the problem and the section where the difficulty was encountered. We will do our best to provide you with the information and accommodation you require. Please contact us at email@example.com or toll-free 877.499.Smarter (7627).